Dali is an ideal place to relax for a while, learn Mandarin Chinese or even teach English.
The climate is moderate all year round (see Dali Climate). The environment is stunningly beautiful with the CangShan mountain backdrop and Er Hai lake. Clear blue skies are the “norm” in Dali – not a rarity. The locals are friendly and speak a reasonably neutral form of Mandarin. There is also a sizeable expat community in the area.
Dali has several Mandarin schools that can organise student visas for those wishing to study here.
Long term accommodation is offered in the Jade Emu No.4 courtyard from September 1st through to June 1st the following year.*
Dorm beds with private bathroom start from 600 RMB per month.
Private rooms with bathroom range from 1800-2400 RMB per month.
Family suites start from 2500 RMB per month.
Benefits of staying at the Jade Emu include:
- Rooms cleaned whenever requested
- Free wifi throughout all buildings
- Access to a coin-operated washing machine or use our laundry service
- 24 hour hot water
- AlJazeera World News (English), TV5 (French) and DW TV (German) on your in-room TV.
- All private rooms include a digital entertainment system with 250+ movies and TV series.
- 20% off all food and drinks at the Jade Emu cafe/bar and La Dolce Vita cafe.
If you wish to stay at the Jade Emu International Guesthouse long term or would like a quote for long term rates just use the “Contact Us” form on our website and we will check availability and reply to you as soon as possible.
*Any monthly period that includes Chinese New Year or October “Golden Week” Holiday requires an additional 100RMB for dorm beds and 300RMB for private rooms or suites.